Dorset Race Equality Council co-ordinates a regular Diversity Forum on behalf of partners in public and community sectors. The aims of the Bournemouth and Poole Equality and Diversity Forum are:
• To build the capability of diversity groups and organisations within the voluntary and community sector.
• To promote their effective involvement within the voluntary and community and third sector in the development of policy and the planning and delivery of services.
• The Forum will be a body for 2 way communication between statutory and third/community/voluntary sectors.
The primary purpose of the Poole and Bournemouth Equality & Diversity Forum is to deliver positive change through its member organisations and through initiatives led by the Forum as a whole. Benchmarks for such change are: To develop and implement a strategic approach; To promote equality and diversity in Bournemouth and Poole; To advocate fairness, justice and equal access to all services; To ensure that our communities are safe for all; To remove direct and indirect discrimination; To work in partnership to identify and address issues of inequality; To contribute to the review, revision and implementation of Equalities Schemes and other equality and diversity policies; To identify and respond to each others needs as members of the forum.
- Community Notices & Networking
- The Future of Black History
- Celebration of ethnic minority carers champions
Refreshements will be provided. Call our office or e-mail us with any questions or to confirm your attendance.
Thank you to everyone who attended our last Equality and Diversity Forum for Bournemouth and Poole on Thursday 26th June at the Central Library. Notes from the meeting are available to view on our website.
Save the date for the next forum:
Thursday, 16th October from 5.45pm till 7.45pm at the Central Library in Bournemouth.
More info will follow closer to the date.