We are creating a network of Healthwatch Champions right across Dorset, Poole and Bournemouth. Champions have two main roles:
1) To promote Healthwatch in their local communities, so that people know what it is, what it can do and how they can get in touch with it. Getting across the message - Your Voice Counts: You Can Make A Difference.
2) To be Healthwatch's eyes and ears on the ground in local communities, feeding back to us what people's experiences (good and bad) of services are or encouraging people themselves to tell us.
Healthwatch Champions can contribute in other ways too:
- Helping to man our information and promotional stands at community events and "road shows"
- Serving on Task Groups set up to look into gaps or "hot topics" in service provision
- Becoming Enter and View Authorised Representatives. (Enter and View is a power given to Healthwatch by law. It gives us the power to Enter premises where publicly-funded health or care services are delivered, and View the care being delivered.) People wishing to become part of the Enter and View team will undergo a selection process and training programme.
If you're interested in being a volunteer for Healthwatch Dorset, please get in touch. Send a message by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 111 0102 Chris Wakefield our Volunteers Officer.